Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 25 Apr 2023 15:38:33 GMT by Chen Lee
Hi, I have been receiving correspondences with two different UTR numbers, and when I called to enquire I was told that the date of birth on associated with one of these UTRs does not match with my actual date of birth, while the other one associated with another UTR matches. I need one of these UTRs to be cancelled due to the duplication, but I was told this cannot proceed because the dates of birth do not match up. Could you please advise how I should prove my date of birth to the HMRC to get the date of birth corrected?
Posted Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:42:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If the date of birth is incorrect, you can only get this updated by writing to
PT Operations North East England,
HM Revenue and Customs,
BX9 1AN.
You will need to confirm your full name and address, National Insurance number, the UTR number and evidence of the date of birth.
We can only accept an original document or a certified copy as evidence.
Posted Tue, 02 May 2023 13:33:14 GMT by Chen Lee
Thank you. Please could you advise if a copy certified by a local solicitor would be sufficient? I do not live in the UK, and the local UK consulate/embassy has indicated that they would not provide a certified copy unless the HMRC provide evidence that the HMRC would only accept certified copies by the local consulate.
Posted Wed, 10 May 2023 09:48:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Please see Certifying a document

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 07 Aug 2023 11:52:37 GMT by Maluma Khodjayeva
Hi, I sent more than 2 weeks ago my certified copy of my driving license to HMRC to update my date of birth, including my NI number, address, and full name, however, this has not been done. Please help me understand why, I have sent it to PT Operations North East England, HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AN. I have sent it on the 27th of July. Thank you,
Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 13:37:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Maluma Khodjayeva
We don't have a timescale for when the date of birth will be updated on our records.
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:47:52 GMT by Sharoon
Hello sir I have same issues with my DOB I’m a international student so please tell where can I attached certified copy or is there any other solution so I can send you without certified doucumet if is it possible if I send you original document and in which time I get back my documents?? Thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.