Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 08 Feb 2022 20:11:05 GMT by ht15
Hi, My tax returns for 2019/20 and 2020/21 were submitted via an agent under self assessment on the 18th August, I was given a figure for a rebate for each of the two tax years and told it would be in my account in 14-28 days. After this period it came to light that they had been flagged for security checks -I have chased non stop since then and the time frame keeps on growing despite no word from HMRC? I am led to understand HMRC should reach out to verify my identity but i have had no such letter and its now been nearly 6 months since the rebate figure was confirmed and still no payout, is this normal and what can i do to speed up the process??
Posted Thu, 10 Feb 2022 10:52:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 26
Hi,

If you have not received any correspondence please contact our SA department, who should be able to advise if anything has been issued, and if not they can send a referral to the team who would be completing checks.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:06:40 GMT by ht15
Hello, I have contacted them several times to chase and every time I am met with the same answer that a referral is being sent, but unfortunately this has not helped the issue..
Posted Thu, 10 Feb 2022 16:14:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi ht15,

Unfortunately the only way to query progress on this is with our Self Assessment helpline, we have no method of escalation from here.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.