Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 15 Jan 2023 21:14:13 GMT by Mukesh
Hi, I had a life insurance policy in India which paid me a lump-sum amount recently. Do I need to report that in the UK? This policy in question had commenced before long before I came to the UK. If this has to be reported, please guide how can I do that online. Thanks!
Posted Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:35:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, it needs to be reported. You can see guidance here:

Gains on foreign life insurance policies (Self Assessment helpsheet HS321)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.