Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 26 Apr 2022 14:16:59 GMT by marshfield
A red warning message appears while completing the Self Assessment online today, stating that the amount for my SEISS Grant should be 0.00, yet I received a payment for the 5th Grant in September 2021. Upon reading through the forum, it is acknowledged that there appears to be an error within HMRCs system, and it does not appear to have been fixed. Can you advise on what to do and when the problem should be rectified?
Posted Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:26:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 17
Hi Marshfield,

If you had started to complete your tax return before the SEISS grant fix was made to our software on
6 April 2022 the wrong SEISS grant will be shown in the message you received because the fix did not work in these circumstances.

We can advise you that you can continue to complete and submit your tax return with the SEISS grant figure you received during
the year ending 5 April 2022, ignoring the SEISS warning message.

When your tax return is processed by HMRC the correct SEISS grant received in the tax year 2021 to 2022 will be included
within your Self-Assessment tax calculation.

You can view your 2021 to 2022 tax calculation online 72 hours after submission of your tax return to confirm. 

Otherwise you will need to delete your entire 2021 to 2022 tax return and start again.

If you delete your entire tax return and start again the correct SEISS grant received in the tax year 2021 to 2022 will be shown.

Please contact the SA helpline on 0300 200 3310 if you have any problems once you fully submit your tax return and
you have followed the guidance above.

Thank you

Posted Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:00:19 GMT by marshfield
I completed my return after the fix was made and the error message is still showing. I have also deleted the entire tax return and started again, but the error message is still showing, so it appears that the fix has not been implemented.
Posted Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:17:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

Please continue to submit your tax return ignoring the warning message. When your return is processed by HMRC, the correct SEISS grant received will be included in your calculation and be able to view online after 72 hours.  

If the correct grant is not amended after 72 hours please contact the Self Assessment team.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.