Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Jan 2022 13:35:10 GMT by mc2
Hi, Someone I've never heard of has recently falsely registered a company at my home address. I have reported this to Companies House already and started their process to disassociate the company and sole director from my address. However, today I've received a letter from HMRC for the bogus company. Is there anything HMRC would like me to do, other than just putting "Not known at this address, return to sender" on the envelope and sticking it back into the post? Thanks :-)
Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 14:05:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

As you have already reported this issue to Companies House, we will be automatically notified of any changes Companies House make to the address.

Report a company using your personal details without your permission

You can also use this link to report fraud to HMRC:

Report fraud to HMRC

If post is returned to us and the same address is showing at Companies House, we will put a note on your Corporation Tax record to prevent further correspondence being issued until the matter is resolved.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.