Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 Dec 2021 13:43:24 GMT by Tony Loynes
We have recently purchase a house and have converted it into a furnished holiday let. Do we need to notify HMRC and where can we get guidance on tax rules?
Posted Fri, 31 Dec 2021 12:33:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

Thank you for your question.

Please see our Helpsheet 253 at:

HS253 Furnished holiday lettings (2021)

with regards to the rules regarding Furnished lettings.

If your profits are more than £2500 after allowable expenses you will have to register for Self-Assessment.

For further infornation please see :

How to report your taxable profits


You must be signed in to post in this forum.