Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 Sep 2021 13:11:10 GMT by EngineerM
Hi, I registered a partnership through my Government Gateway account 2 months ago. I received a message from HMRC informing me processing had been completed approximately 6 weeks ago. However the partnership details are not showing anywhere in my account and therefore I cannot add my partner to the partnership as I cannot find the UTR for the partnership that is required on the SA401 form. Please can someone advise where I can find the partnership UTR? Thanks
Posted Wed, 22 Sep 2021 13:52:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

It would have been on any correspondance sent out for the partnership.

This would have gone to the partnership address or the nominted partner.

Alternatively the nominated partner can call and we can look at sending this back out.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries    .

Thank you.

Posted Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:06:01 GMT by EngineerM
I have not received any correspondence for the partnership. The only thing I have received is a message in my Government Gateway Account stating the application had been fully processed. However this did not contain the UTR. I have tried opening a Web Chat all day for the last 2 days but I just get a message that all the advisors are currently busy. How long would it normally take to receive a correspondence with the UTR after an application has been fully processed. Currently it's been 6 weeks. Could it still be that the correspondence is yet to be sent?
Posted Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:28:27 GMT by EngineerM
Just to be totally clear. Under 'Business Tax Summary' and then 'Track your forms' all the stage gates (i.e. received, work started, being processed, processing complete) are showing as green. I have not received any additional messages under the 'Messages' heading.
Posted Thu, 23 Sep 2021 15:13:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

Sorry you have not been able to contact us via webchat. 

It would normally take 7-10 working days so it may be best to contact us to speak to an adviser.

​​​​​​​Thank you.

Posted Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:03:19 GMT by EngineerM
I managed to get through to an agent (after 4 days of trying) and he was able to give me the UTR. Apparently I should have received a letter a month ago with the UTR and other information. He is going to resend the letter. Hopefully this one will arrive!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.