Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 15 Sep 2022 21:19:53 GMT by Ada
On the HMRC website, it said "You can trade under your own name, or you can choose another name for your business. You do not need to register your name. You must include your name and business name (if you have one) on official paperwork, for example invoices and letters." My name is a Hong Kong style name. It looks like this on my passport. First name: Tai Man Surname: Chan May I know, in the HMRC view, is the second word of my name “Man” counted as middle name or part of my first name? When I am trading as a sole trader and working official paperwork, am I required to use all three words “Tai Man Chan”, or just “Tai Chan” will do?
Posted Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:53:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

It would be part of your first name, you can register as either .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.