Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:00:51 GMT by fantalytics
Hi I plan to take a consultant job in the United Nations. The contract comes from a UN office outside of UK while I'm a UK tax resident working for them remotely from my UK home. I am not a UN employee. I will sign the contract as self employed person providing servies to them.I will work for them full time (35-40 hours per week) for some months and this would be my only job in the contract period. Income is calculated by day rate. UN employees don't need to pay income tax due to tax treaty. But in my scenario, do I need to pay income tax on my UN income? If I don't, what kind of forms do I need to submit on my Self Assessment? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:13:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 24

Please refer to guidance at:  International Manual

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.