Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 Feb 2023 16:50:14 GMT by Guido
I have a dormant LTD and I am still registered as self-employed to the HMRC. Although I am no more earning as self-employed, I still have expenses for my business (BTW, the nature of the two businesses is similar). Does law requires me to de-register as self-employed before or when my LTD starts trading or becomes active for other reasons? And if I do not earn anything as self-employed, or just earn less than 1000£ on this financial year, would I still need to file a S.A. tax return? Thanks.
Posted Fri, 24 Feb 2023 16:00:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Guido,

If you are no longer self employed, you need to report this to HMRC, so that your record for Class 2 and Class 4 NIC can be closed.  

The self assessment helpline numbers are: Number: 0300 200 3310, Text Relay: 18001 0300 200 3310, Overseas: +44 161 931 9070 (Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. Closed on weekends and bank holidays).  

You should also check to see if you still need to submit Self Assessment tax returns.
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return


You must be signed in to post in this forum.