Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:22:27 GMT by Wes
Hello, I am looking to start up my own business as a self employed sole trader. I was wondering which step I need to take first. Do I register with HMRC (self employed/sole trader) and wait for registration to come back, and then get my business insurance, set up website/social media, look for clients etc? Or, do I get my business insurance first, set up my website/social media etc, start looking for clients and then register with HMRC when I start working and earning money? Does it matter to HMRC which order i do things in? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 17:09:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You may want to register first as you may be asked for your unique reference for insurance etc.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.