Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 02 Aug 2022 17:21:15 GMT by Natalia
Hi. Some companies outside of the UK ask for a proof of being self-employed because they need it to properly account to their tax office. Without this, they can't start cooperation. I know that it is not supposed to share your UTR number or annual accounts (too much sensitive data). So how to prove that you are self-employed? Is it possible to get some kind of certificate somewhere? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 03 Aug 2022 10:34:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

HMRC cannot issue a certificate to a company.

We can only issue this for another Countries tax authorities.

You would need to write in and ask for a letter and provide dates, company name and country

to HMRC PAYE & Self Assessment
     BX9 1AS  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.