Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2024 13:15:22 GMT by Fatih KIRCALI
I want to buy/invest on a business such as a coffee shop. Can skilled worker visa holders buy a business or set up a business that he/she will not work at?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:04:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Fatih.krcl,
You will have been advised on your application approval letter on what you can and cannot do. please refer to that.
Thank you. 
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:16:33 GMT by Fatih KIRCALI
Hi, Thank you for your answer. However, I've checked my approval letter many times. On the cannot do list, It only says; get public funds. On the other hand, in can do list, it does not mention about anything related with buying/investing on accommodations/businesses/lands. I've spoken to immigration service and I've been told to contact home office. Regards, Fatih
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 08:33:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

The Home Office is separate from HMRC so you will need to await their advice.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.