Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 04 Dec 2022 09:15:07 GMT by Tipperary80
I am a sole trader providing IT services support. I have no employees. My daughter is able to do some work for me, data input etc, I pay her for this work via transfer to her bank. She is not on a payroll or anything else. The amount paid is less than £1000. Can I offset what I have paid her as an expense on my tax return?
Posted Wed, 07 Dec 2022 15:54:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You would class this as wages.

Expenses if you're self-employed

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 18 Dec 2022 18:56:31 GMT by Frank Mungwel
admin, thanks for sharing it I had the same question as op

You must be signed in to post in this forum.