Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 19:22:03 GMT by
I recently left my staff job and am setting up as self employed. I already have a UTR as I let out a property. My company income also got processed through this. Do I need to set up a different UTR now I’m self employed? (Obviously I’d rather not as it is a pain to do ). If so, how do I go about this? A couple of other factors - I’m not expecting to have income for the next few months as I’m training. I believe I do need to register though, to get 30 hours free childcare.
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:07:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

No, you dont need a new UTR. You will tailor your return to answer yes to self employment to include this new source. You will need to register to pay Class 2 NI.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.