Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 08 Jul 2023 21:29:23 GMT by bbc2023
I just moved to the UK last December, and I am the only director of a limited company in Hong Kong, do I need to report/pay tax for this company?
Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 07:55:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You must register an overseas company with Companies House if you want to set up a place of business in the UK.
You must register if you set up a place of business in the UK or if you usually carry out business from somewhere in the UK.
More information on how to register can  be found here:
Register as an overseas company
and information on how to file accounts here:
File accounts in the UK as an overseas companyThank you.
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 20:21:40 GMT by WK CHAN
If that limited company is only running business in HongKong but no business in UK, however the director is UK based, is it that limited company still has to register with company house and file accounts as an overseas company?
Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2023 10:53:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please see the information on the website at File accounts in the UK as an overseas company for details on the Companies House filing requirements for overseas companies. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.