Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 16 Nov 2022 14:00:06 GMT by Catherinehowden
I have closed my business halfway through last tax year and started a new one. Childminder to cleaner. Both earning under the tax bracket but I think I still have to complete tax return as over £1000 earnings. My question is do I complete the whole year on the one tax return? I think I remember a bit that asks if business has closed and the date does it give me opportunity on same return to start a new business ? Will I use same codes etc Thank you x
Posted Fri, 18 Nov 2022 14:01:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Yes you need to complete a tax return showing both self employments.
You do not need to have a new UTR for the new source.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.