Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 24 Jun 2021 20:27:15 GMT by maya
Hi An overseas trader is purchasing goods from the UK, and they have asked me to help them send the goods from the UK to the target country. I will receive a small commission, estimated to amount to less than £1k per month. Do I need to register as a sole trader for this activity? Is there any other obligation I have to do regarding taxes? Best wishes,
Posted Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:25:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 9

If you are carrying this on as a trade, then you would register as self-employed.

If this is just casual earnings, on an adhoc basis, then this would just be reported as other UK income. 

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.