Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 08:54:42 GMT by Dotty
If I have registered for self assessment as a sole trader using my own name, but then decide to start using a "trading as" trading name on business cards, invoices etc, do I need to notify HMRC of this, or is it only something I need to do if I have an actual official business name? My own name would still be on all paperwork, (eg "Joe Bloggs t/a Tradingname"),
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:58:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Dotty,
If you have a trading name now then yes you will need to notify HMRC:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.