Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 04 Jul 2022 15:19:27 GMT by Jean-Loup Palla
Hi, I received a mail about tax credits, inviting me to go on to get a refund on my overpaid taxes. However, while getting through the website I have been asked for multiple documents such as UK passport, P60, payslips.. The issue is that I am not a UK citizen but I am a European settled in UK so I only have European ID card and Passport. I didn't find any option to get through this and I tried to call HMRC but after 25 minutes waiting no one answered. How can I proceed please ? Thank you
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 10:43:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you are unable verify for the Government Gateway to claim the repayment, you would need to wait for the cheque or speak with our helpline.

We are open from 8am and the lines are quieter before 10am  also see link:

Income Tax: general enquiries  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.