Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 04 Mar 2021 13:47:07 GMT by littleproblems
Hello everyone, Just wanted some information really, not sure who else to ask when I stumbled on this forum and thought this was the best place! I am currently on UC, single mum of 2 young children, not currently working. When my nearly 4 year old starts school in Sept I'll have both children at school and hope to work part time, about 15-20 hours per week if I can. Will I remain on UC when this happens or will I go onto tax and child credits? I think that the more I work the less better off I'll be on UC (if I start to earn over £503) but will I be able to switch to working tax and child credits if I start working more in order to be better off than I am now? I'm very confused! Any help/advice appreciated
Posted Fri, 05 Mar 2021 12:07:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 10


There is no longer provision for customers to claim tax credits once they have left.

In this case the customer is receiving UC and therefore will need to remain on UC and report any changes in circumstances to DWP.



Posted Thu, 24 Jun 2021 00:36:42 GMT by Lokitokizz
Hello can I have question I lost my phone and do not have access to my email address or my phone number can I change them by calling to universal credit without to go on office ?
Posted Tue, 29 Jun 2021 11:12:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 9

You can contact Universal Credit via your online account or by calling the Universal Credit helpline:

Universal Credit

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.