Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Feb 2022 11:11:52 GMT by MarkWE
Back in 2020 my wife applied for Marriage Allowance to transfer some of her personal allowance to me. She didn't have a National Insurance number at the time, but we phoned up and HMRC put the Marriage Allowance request through. Over a year on, and my wife now has a National Insurance number. Do we need to call HMRC to make sure all her details are merged on your systems (so they know this NI number is for the same person who registered for Marriage Allowance), or should all of that happen automatically?
Posted Tue, 01 Feb 2022 14:03:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

I would contact our Income Tax department to make sure that any temporary record we had has been merged into the National Insurance Number.

See Link:

Income Tax: general enquiries    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.