Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Jul 2022 07:02:58 GMT by Andy Johnson
Morning, I am the proud father of twins, born in the middle of March. I have just received my first child benefit payment and was hoping this forum could assist with some questions to get me rolling on the self-assessment Tax form. The payment appears to be for several months so I want to make sure I am doing it right. 1. Do I need to complete a Tax form for 21/22 given that I may have received a payment for March 22 (or part thereof)? 2. I pay into a company pension, which appears to be deductible. Can the whole contribution for the Tax year be used in the 21/22 form or can it only be for March (when the kids were born) Any help and links to forms would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 10:08:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Andy Johnson,

When completing the return, you will need to include the amount of child benefit that was due up to and including 05/04/22 which was the end of the tax year.
In terms of pension contributions, if they were deducted after tax, you can declare these on the return, you would include the full years contributions.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.