Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 23 May 2022 09:29:54 GMT by Victorprakash
Hi Sir/Madam, I am trying to prove my identity with the questions related to Payslips and credit related questions. I am not able to prove my identity in spite of having all the documents with me and answering it correct to my knowledge. I am in need of claiming my free 30 hours child care hours and the pre-requisite would be to prove my identity, Can you please help me how can I proceed with this ? Can I have any help as I am stuck with this for a month.
Posted Wed, 25 May 2022 10:42:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you are unable to verify for the account, you will need to contact the Childcare Service helpline regarding the claim :

Childcare Service helpline    .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 08 Jun 2022 09:50:30 GMT by Victorprakash
Thank you for getting back. I have called the https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/childcare-service-helpline Childcare Service Helpline. They have asked me to get back to you to get the code generated after which they can take it further. Can you please assist in generating the code for the childcare Service. Regards Victor A
Posted Thu, 09 Jun 2022 09:16:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Victorprakash,

I am unsure what they mean by the code generated.
When creating the online account you would create a Government Gateway ID, which is 12 numbers.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 13 Jun 2022 11:52:10 GMT by Victorprakash
Dear Sir/Madam, Thanks for your reply. The code is for the child care free 30 hours. They mentioned that they would need confirmation for them to generate that child care code. Please assist. Regards Victor A
Posted Wed, 15 Jun 2022 12:18:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If you are unable to pass the online verification for the government gateway it does not generate a code.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Wed, 15 Jun 2022 13:22:56 GMT by Victorprakash
Thank you for getting back. I am after any alternate way to get my account verified. Earlier , I understand that there was a way through post office link ,but this has now been decommissioned. Can you please advise what is the alternate option to get the online account verified or to get the child care code generated.
Posted Wed, 15 Jun 2022 16:46:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
There is no alternative to Government Gateway to verify for the online account.
As we only deal with Income tax on this forum i can't advise how you would proceed in order to get the child care code generated.
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.