Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2024 16:38:42 GMT by Colin Nicholls
I used an EORI number before applying for VAT registration. After VAT registration, a customs agent said that I had to apply for a new EORI. I cancelled the old EORI and got a new one which used the same numbers at my VAT number. Finally I asked for my new EORI to be linked to my CDS account. So far so good. Then, I could not get a C79 or a PVA statement. Several HMRC services could not find them. Then I noticed that my Government Gateway was displaying my old EORI, even though a check showed that it was cancelled. Who can correct this and will I be able to retrieve the previous C79 and PVA statement which were under my new EORI?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 11:12:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Colin Nicholls,
You will need your VAT registered EORI number to be linked to the correct CDS account in order that it brings through the PVA statements and C79's.
Please contact our Online Services Helpdesk on 03002002600 as they may need to remove your old CDS account so that you can create a new one.
You will only be able to view your PVA statement and C79's where the correct EORI number has been used on the import documentation.
Please see the links below for accessing these:
Get your postponed import VAT statement
Check how to get your import VAT certificate (C79)
Thank you.

Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:22:00 GMT by Colin Nicholls
Hello. Thanks for your reply. However, my third sentence of the question states that I already asked for my new EORI to be linked to my CDS account. I called the number given 03002002600 and the automated reply says this is for bankrupcy. Would you please check my original question again and confirm the correct phone number. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:07:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

We apologise for providing this number to you.

Can you please contact our online services team.

Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.