Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Oct 2021 11:06:36 GMT by Collgriffz
Hi. I need your advice. I have an account on like individual seller (not like business) and have Russian registration address on site. I am Russian citizen, i live in Russia and all my items located in Russia and i sell my items worldwide. Sometimes i sell for UK customers too. Ebay collect VAT from UK customers (20%) who buy from me. That is ok. I pay VAT in Russia. At that moment blocked my selling ability and ask me upload UK VAT, but i haven't company in UK and also haven't UK VAT. If i right understand i need UK VAT if: or 1. My items located in UK warehouse; or 2. I sell items to UK customers more than 70000 pounds per year; or 3. I registered in UK. no one of this 3 not fit for me. I contacted with ebay customer services about it, and after few hours they ask me send "letter of exemption from UK tax Department". Tell me please where can i receive it and how can i receive it? Thank you. Best Regards.
Posted Fri, 08 Oct 2021 10:50:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

If you supply goods as a business  under £135 to UK consumers and you use Ebay as an agent then Ebay are now responsible for charging the UK customer UK vat and paying this over to HMRC.

If you are selling goods in this way and the goods are not stored in a warehouse then I don't see a requirement or a benefit to you registering in the UK.

If Ebay have blocked you from selling goods because you are not registered could you contact our online selling team at:

This team will then liaise with Ebay to resolve this.


Posted Fri, 08 Oct 2021 11:09:02 GMT by Collgriffz
Hi. Thank you for advice. I will contact with your selling team through email. Best Regards,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.