Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2024 15:34:14 GMT by anna m macleod
Hello , I need to download or get a copy of VAT certificate ,but on my company tax page when i click on "download VAT certificate" it says "Sorry, the Service is unavailable, IMPORTANT: This service has been withdrawn. You can no longer use this service to submit VAT returns, view submitted returns, view your account, or change any account details. For more details, read the ‘Important information’ section on this page." There wasn't any "Important Information" available on the page. Im not sure if there is a problem due to the circumstances as follows: The company was registered for VAT when it was formed in 2020 then deregistered shortly afterwards,we need to prove that it was deregistered ,as the VAT number still shows on our tax account ,but on a search it shows the company is not VAT registered ,the sales platform we use wants proof of VAT deregistration by showing the VAT certificate as they still have the VAT number in their system,any advice will be much appreciated thank you AT
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2024 12:00:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

If you contact our VAT team we would be able to send you a letter to confirm the deregistration of the business and the day on which the deregistration took effect.

VAT: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2024 15:17:28 GMT by anna m macleod
Thank you very much,could you please advise the easiest way to contact the VAT team ?
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 13:32:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response
Hi.

Please see the link below:

VAT: general enquiries   .

If you would like to contact us by phone then our number is 03002003700 .

Thank you .
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 20:09:26 GMT by anna m macleod
many thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.