Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 18:56:33 GMT by
We have had issues accessing our PVA Statements since we enrolled in October 2022. This has never been fully addressed nor fully followed up by the department. However, I am now in charge of this area and have been chasing this. I was advised by the VAT Department (who were extremely helpful) that there are No Known Facts on our record and they couldnt see any evidence of CDS linked to our EORI number, or even that our EORI Number is active. We have been told today via email from ISBC email address that there is a technical issue preventing us from subscribing us to CDS. In the meantime I have a VAT return due by 7th October. So, the question is, any idea on how this is resolved and any idea how I can get hold our our PVA Statements as I know we have at least one from an Import. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 25 Sep 2023 11:34:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the CDS system. We would recommend calling our VAT team so that we can report the issue to our IT team if this has not already been done.

VAT: general enquiries

In the abscence of a PVA statement we would recommend estimating the figures from these imports and putting these figures on to the VAT returns for the periods that the imports were, and, or are made. When the CDS issue is resolved then you can adjust the figures with the accurate ones.

Please note in your VAT account that you will be estimating these figures while you wait for the problem to be resolved.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.