Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 06 Oct 2021 18:38:40 GMT by barneswrx1993
Hiya i have become vat registered and have put in a claim for a VAT repayment which has been approved, When first registering there was a problem with my bank details so i was told my repayment would be sent via payable order unfortunately the business account i use does not accept cheques , I spoke to yourselves via phone and i was then able with a agents help to add bank details i was told by the advisor the payable order would be cancelled and i would get a bank repayment, I also sent a form requesting to change bank details but obviously i have now done this myself online , How long roughly should i need to wait to get the repayment Many Thanks
Posted Fri, 08 Oct 2021 10:50:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If you have recorded your new bank details online then this can take a few weeks to update.

Once these details have been updated then you should expect a repayment in to your bank within the next 10 days following that.

If you need to get some progress on your request to change your bank details then you can speak to our Variation Depasrtment on 0300 322 7872 and they will be happy to help you.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 08 Oct 2021 11:17:44 GMT by barneswrx1993
Thank you , basically I sent off a form to change my bank details before I was able to change them online , will the form I sent just be void now I have managed to update online , also my online account still shows payable order approved will it change within 10 days to bank repayment
Posted Mon, 11 Oct 2021 11:13:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi

Yes the form you sent to change the bank details will be ignored as you have managed to do this online.

You said that you have spoken to an adviser who were able to cancel the Payable Order for you,if this is the case then we should be releasing this as a bank transfer to you.

To make sure though I would speak to the Vat Helpline on 03002003700 who will be able to confirm what is happening and give appropriate timescales.

Thankyou.

Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.