Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:57:04 GMT by Andrew Alonzi
I requested exception from VAT registration for a limited company, immediately after having temporarily crossed the registration threshold. I received a letter from HMRC requesting further information today, 21 March 2024, but the letter is dated 20 February 2024, 4 weeks to prior to receipt today. It asks for the information by 19 March 2024 (within 28 days), which was two days before I received the letter, so it is not possible to reply within this timescale. I have tried the number given on the letter, but there is no option to hold before the call is ended automatically. Even though it is not a new registration, I have emailed the closest address I could find - vrs.newregistrations@hmrc.gov.uk - to request 7 days to provide the information requested by the end of next week (29 March 2024). The letter states that my request for an exception may be refused if I do not provide the information requested by 19 March 2024. I plan to post the email and send the information requested asap, but don't know what else I can do. Suggestions or help gratefully received! Kind regards, Andrew
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:01:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

The email address for the Registration Team which you have used is the correct one and they will reply to your request.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.