Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 23 Nov 2022 15:18:35 GMT by ScottH
I have now installed three useless pieces of software from the huge list of MTD software which is the only guidance that HMRC supply. All three have required a UK address to continue. Which software from the list is international? By the way, the solution is never to download the version for the country I'm in. These then will only deal with the local VAT.
Posted Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:02:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi.
Unfortunately we can't recommend specific software for you.
I would approach one of the big software providers by telephone to see what they recommend.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Wed, 23 Nov 2022 22:07:47 GMT by ScottH
I do not want a recommendation. I want to see a list of software that works for those registered for VAT outside the UK
Posted Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:03:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi.
I'm sorry but we don't publish such a list.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Thu, 24 Nov 2022 22:20:51 GMT by Andrew DT
Hi ScottH https://www.gov.uk/guidance/find-software-thats-compatible-with-making-tax-digital-for-vat You may find above information useful from gov.uk Kind regards, Andrew
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 10:49:27 GMT by ScottH
Thanks Andrew. Alas the list does not have an option for "Compatible for users outside the UK". I am very disappointed that while HMRC are making this compulsory, they are leaving me completely adrift in trying to help out.
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 13:37:50 GMT by Andrew DT
HI SocttH I do not think HMRC have any specific software list for Non-UK business, You may need to approach to any potential MTD software supplier, and ask them whether you can use their software as Non-UK business and use them outside of UK. Technically, you may be able to use those software anywhere in the world.
Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 16:03:06 GMT by ScottH
All MTD software (6 now) I have tried so far is not compatible with non UK addresses. There are all international software which decide the tax regime they offer depends on the country you are located in. So the moment I add my Netherlands address, I am able to pay Dutch/EU VAT only. I would like to opt out of MTD - the system worked before. I seem to have until early January before HMRC cast me adrift without any help and start fines and penalties
Posted Tue, 06 Dec 2022 17:23:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

You can check if you can apply for an exemption from Making Tax Digital for VAT here:

Check if you can apply for an exemption from Making Tax Digital for VAT

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.