Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 08 Oct 2021 17:57:22 GMT by Mike Bridgeland
We submitted a claim to the DIY Team by post on 13th August 2021, to date HMRC has not acknowledged receipt of the claim or replied to three subsequent weekly emails requesting that acknowledgement. As pensioners we cannot afford to keep phoning the telephone number advertised and have requested an email or a telephone call response from them. We do not have any missed calls or texts, we had one automated email response from our first email. We are not being unreasonable in asking for a confirmation of receipt, and can understand the current pressures on all Government departments, however a courteous response would be appreciated which clearly states on the Notes to form VAT431NB that HMRC 'aim to acknowledge your claim within 5 working days of receiving it' at the moment this is all we are asking for.
Posted Mon, 11 Oct 2021 11:28:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi

I'm sorry to hear that this is taking so long.

The direct number for the DIY Team is 03003227073.

If you are unable to contact them on that number can you contact the Vat Helpline directly on 02002003700 and we can get this escalated to the DIY Team.

Thankyou.

Regards.
Posted Mon, 11 Oct 2021 15:10:31 GMT by Mike Bridgeland
Thank you HMRC Admin 10, can I suggest you actually read the content of my post where a specific mention was made about the telephone number and the cost each time to us. As it was the postage to send all the documents required for the claim cost £8.10, you are asking us as pensioners to spend more where a simple, courteous no-reply email would resolve all of this.
Posted Wed, 20 Oct 2021 09:37:12 GMT by Mike Bridgeland
It is now 10 WEEKS since the claim was submitted, and STILL NO RESPONSE AT ALL. It is pointless ringing the numbers that HMRC Admin give out as their DEFAULT ANSWER they CANNOT resolve anything except keeping the telecom companies in business and creating more VAT revenue for HMRC. Emails seem to be a waste of time as well, NO RESPONSE TO EMAILS. HMRC seem to have a protective screen around themselves, NO COMMUNICATION, NO VISITS AND NO REDRESS There are fines/penalties if any member of the public fails to pay within prescribed times, however even though HMRC publish times they will refund money by, there are NO PENALTIES for HMRC failing to meet those targets. I WISH TO MAKE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT, WHERE IS THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE? PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER UNLESS IT IS A SPECIAL ONE THAT I CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT.
Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2021 11:46:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

We are sorry to hear about the problems you have encountered in trying to reach the DIY team to progress your application.

We have forwarded this on as a complaint and it will now be looked in to as a priority and the complaints team will be in touch with you shortly to resolve this.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.