Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 10:21:10 GMT by Kavitha Delip
Soletrader already registered for Vat and has got a vat registration number. Now the sole trader bought another business in his name and wanted to trade under the existing vat registration number. Do they have to inform HMRC about the takeover of the new company? if yes, which method should the sole trader choose to notify HMRC about the new business takeover?
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 15:21:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Kavitha Delip,

If the sole trader is already VAT registered and has aquired a business which he operates as a sole trader then he wouldn't need to inform us as because he is a sole trader then everyhing which he does business wise would come under his sole trader VAT number .
We would just expect him obviously to charge VAT on all of his supplies as a sole trader.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.