Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Sep 2022 14:26:11 GMT by Tracy McQue
I registered for CDS with my EORI number in June. I am now VAT registered and was given a new EORI number, but need this one to be linked to my CDS account rather than my old one. I managed to get one of the HMRC people to remove the EORI number from my CDS account but when I apply again and I add either my National Insurance or UTR it tells me "The details you gave us are matched to a different EORI number" and that "The NI number is already used and can not be matched witth GB4141XXXXXX). I was advised by my import agents to create a new government gateway ID which I then attach my new VAT number and EORI to but surely that wouldn't have all my tax return history / VAT number etc attached? I've been going round in circles with various departments all week - keep either on hold, cut off, switched from one department to another. All I need is to know how my current government gateway / NI / UTR can have the old EORI number removed and the new VAT registered one added. I've tried everything, emails to the EORI and CDS help desk things, no response from any of them. I am due to import a large value of trees from the EU in a few weeks and if I can't get CDS up & running with my correct EORI number I am pretty much done for business wise. Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction please? Thanks!
Posted Sun, 11 Sep 2022 15:46:39 GMT by umair khalid
Hi there, I am standing in the same positions. I have tried every possible way to unlink my EORI number from my old gateway account but it seems no one knows. HMRC plz help me
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 09:50:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi

Tracy McQue,

You should contact  ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk.

With CDS Mismatch as subject header.

They will then be able to liaise with the appropriate teams to resolve your issue .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 20:14:28 GMT by umair khalid
Hi there, I have emailed on above email, but EORI department said that they cant help on this matter. I need to go bottom of page and click on help with this page.... It also does not resolve the case
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 09:59:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi
umair khalid,
Please speak to our online Team on 03002003701 regarding this .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:47:17 GMT by Wallace123
Having exactly the same problem. Have spent 8 weeks trying to have a EORI number cancelled, despite repeated phone calls and using the online service. Been on the phone to different departments all morning, and half of yesterday too, Apparently I need to speak with CDS - but they say I need to speak to EORI - who state I need to speak to tax service, who state I need to speak with CIT - so frustrating, this is how we as businesses are treated, and spending one day this week alone trying to register for CDS is totally not acceptable. Also fed up of the line going dead or being told, we're very busy, and we're sorry we cant deal with your call at the moment - thanks for calling - Goodbye - it really is beyond a joke.
Posted Sat, 24 Sep 2022 11:05:12 GMT by J. Dem
Also having the exact same problem. Spoke to the customs department, who passed me to technical help, who passed me to VAT services, who told me to speak to the EORI team. Nobody can help or knows what to do. Its farcical, and unless we get this sorted we will no longer be able to import after 30 September.
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:19:12 GMT by Tracy McQue
Thanks all - I am in the same situation still after 3 weeks. Laughingly tried again today and ended up back on the EORI / VAT / CDS / Online Helpdesk Team merry-go-round. I've been basically calling for around anything from a couple of hours a day to sometimes 8 hours a day for 3 weeks and getting nowhere. I have tried the 0300 200 3701 number just now and the guy managed to surpass himself and put me through to a team who hadn't even heard of CDS. I am so so frustrated and upset by this. My business is going to fold in on itself if I don't get this resolved in the next few days. I have tried the ISBC email address and despite saying they'll get back to me in 48 hours it is 5 days later and....nothing.
Posted Sat, 01 Oct 2022 09:24:26 GMT by J. Dem
I have also tried the ISBC email address, and after an initial email asking me if I wanted to create a new EORI number (no thanks, I already have 2) I replied again with my question and its been radio silence for a week now. HMRC is there ANYONE out there who can help??
Posted Wed, 05 Oct 2022 16:48:40 GMT by Tracy McQue
J - it wouldl appear not!!!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.