Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 09 May 2022 13:50:35 GMT by Gale Lewis
Hello, I have errors on my April postponed VAT statement - the VAT amounts are in the thousands though the purchase price were hundreds. Who do I let know ?
Posted Tue, 10 May 2022 07:10:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi.

If your Postponed Vat Accounting Statement is incorrect then this could be the result of a mistake by the freight agent in that they
could have used the incorrect EORI number on the import declaration so it may be worth speaking to them.

If it isn't a mistake that they have made then file the certificate away and only record on your VAT return the import figures that you
know are correct and put a note in your records to reflect this .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 10 May 2022 11:11:16 GMT by SUSAN VAN WOERDEN
Hi I have the same problem, I spoke to our freight company and they said they had been contacted by others with the same issue. I checked that the goods had been declared correctly and was sent a copy of the declaration which showed the correct amount. The same reference number on my statement showed a figure of £39,000 above the correct amount. I spoke to a man at HMRC called Victor who said it was not an error by HMRC and told me to go back to the freight company. The freight company say it is an error by HMRC. I have no idea where to go now?
Posted Tue, 10 May 2022 12:09:20 GMT by SUSAN VAN WOERDEN
I have spoken to the HMRC helpline. They have confirmed there is a problem with some statements and they are looking into it. I gave them my vat number and Phone number to pass on to the contact who is looking into it. Hope this helps.
Posted Tue, 10 May 2022 13:25:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi.

If your Postponed Vat Accounting Statement is incorrect then this could be the result of a mistake by the freight agent in that they
could have used the incorrect EORI number on the import declaration so it may be worth speaking to them.

If it isn't a mistake that they have made then file the certificate away and only record on your VAT return the import figures
that you know are correct and put a note in your records to reflect this.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 10 May 2022 13:42:49 GMT by Gale Lewis
Hello Susan, Thanks for letting me know you have the same issue. I can see from my documentation the freight company have recorded the import correctly.
Posted Fri, 13 May 2022 22:04:49 GMT by karen0144
I have the same problem too. One of my entries is over £150,000 more than what it should be. The documents look correct, so it must be an error on HMRC's side. I can't believe that we all have freight companies that are making these mistakes. Too much of a coincidence.
Posted Mon, 16 May 2022 09:38:13 GMT by Customs oldtimer
It looks like there has been some technical issues with PVA statements - HMRC have recently published this: If you are having problems with your April 2022 statements There has been a technical issue with statements produced in April 2022. This means your import VAT figures may not be correct. HMRC have identified the issue and are working to rectify it. You should not download or use figures on statements that were published between 2 May 2022 and 9 May 2022. Corrected statements will be issued shortly and will show on your dashboard with a date later than 9 May 2022. Further guidance will be available as soon as the corrected statements have been published.
Posted Mon, 16 May 2022 11:20:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi karen0144,

HMRC are aware that there is a technical issue with the production of PVA statements for 13/04/22 and 14/04/22 and are working to resolve this.This means that import VAT figures for some traders could be incorrect. HMRC is currently working on a solution to rectify the issue.

You should not download PVA statements published between 02/05/22 and 09/05/22, or use figures from them.

If you notice a discrepancy for entries, you should use your commercial records as a basis for recording until revised statements are issued.

We’ll issue corrected statements shortly and these will show on dashboards with a date later than 9 May.

We will issue further guidance as soon as corrected statements have been published. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.