Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 22 Sep 2020 17:47:29 GMT by SAMUEL
Hello, Please could someone tell me where I can find our company's previous years CORPORATION TAX RETURNS that we filed online. In the past they were easily visible and available but for some reason they are not there. Thanks
Posted Wed, 30 Sep 2020 10:19:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 8

Previous Corporation Tax Returns are stored on the Company Accounts and Tax online (CATO) dashboard, known as ‘Track your submissions’ page.

File your accounts and Company Tax Return

Check if you can use the HMRC Corporation Tax online filing service


Posted Mon, 26 Oct 2020 12:19:41 GMT by SAMUEL
Hello, Is this the dash board you mean? There is no ‘Track your submissions’ link At a glance Corporation Tax At a glance About your organisation View account File a return and accounts How to pay FAQs Business help and education emails View account Liabilities & Payments Amount due £0.00 as of 24 Oct 2020. File a return and accounts You can file Company Tax Returns using the HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) Service. You can also submit accounts to Companies House using the Joint HMRC and Companies House Service. File a return and accounts Alternatively, you can file returns using commercial software. View a list of commercial software How to pay We accept payments using a range of methods but recommend payment is made electronically by either BACS or CHAPS. © Crown Copyright Terms & Conditions Privacy policy Accessibility statement Feedback Complaints
Posted Mon, 26 Oct 2020 12:29:43 GMT by SAMUEL
Trying to find "Track your submissions" is so time wasting. Why can't HMRC just create a simple link to the page on the corporation tax dashboard. This is frustrating ???
Posted Tue, 10 Nov 2020 14:29:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 8

Thankyou for your feedback

However, I’m not sure I understand the problem here, the link to ‘CATO’ from BTA is currently signposted as File your accounts and Company Tax Return.  

So, if we introduced such a link it would only save one page of navigation. Or have I mis-understood?


Posted Mon, 01 Mar 2021 10:03:13 GMT by taxperson
I am also unable to find where my previous years corporation tax returns are. None of the links I follow from the BTA end up with an option to the CATO page where I can see them. Could you provide a URL to this page? It is not intuitive to find, I have spent a while now going through each link with no success. It seems to be impossible to find.
Posted Wed, 03 Mar 2021 17:24:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

Hi taxperson

I would advise you to contact the Online Service helpdesk or use the ‘Get help with this page’ links.

If they are unable to access the information required, they can also make a request to the CT helpline or webchat service to request a copy of the previous years return.

If you require more than 1 years Return, you would need to write to the CT Services address.



You must be signed in to post in this forum.