Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:34:32 GMT by ruthie527
We close for bank holidays - should employees on furlough be paid 100% (80% claimed through CJRS/ 20% paid by employer) ? Some employees on furlough had holidays booked - can they take holiday while on furlough ? If so is this paid at 100% ?
Posted Tue, 14 Apr 2020 12:00:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello.

Furloughed employees continue to accrue leave as per their employment contract

The employer and employee can agree to vary holiday entitlement as part of the furlough agreement. However almost all workers are entitled to 5.6 weeks of statutory paid annual leave each year which they cannot go below.
Posted Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:10:37 GMT by my computer
Hi we also have staff who have annual leave booked. So can they be paid their holiday pay (obviously topping up to 100%) while still on furlough leave so we can claim from Job Retention Scheme? Or cant you claim furlough grant if they are on holiday?
Posted Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:11:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello.

If an employee is being furloughed there isn't a requirement to have annual leave as they are not required to work. The employer can claim the 80% under the Job Retention Scheme and top up to 100% if they choose.

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:14:55 GMT by my computer
Hi We have work for a week for warehousemen so we take them off furlough, for a week. Then we will have to put them back on furlough for the next 3 weeks. However if the 3 week furlough block runs past end of May (assuming it closes) can we claim for a part-furlough period of 2 weeks?
Posted Mon, 20 Apr 2020 07:55:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello.

The answer is yes, but the Chancellor has now announced the scheme havs been extended until the end of June 2020.
Posted Mon, 20 Apr 2020 08:21:40 GMT by my computer
Hi thanks for that but it says in the Govt guidance that they can take Annual leave whilst on furlough: "Employees can take holiday whilst on furlough. Working Time Regulations require holiday pay to be paid at the employee’s normal rate of pay or, where the rate of pay varies, calculated on the basis of the average pay received by the employee in the previous 52 working weeks. Therefore, if a furloughed employee takes holiday, the employer should pay their usual holiday pay in accordance with the Working Time Regulations.Employers will be obliged to pay additional amounts over the grant, though will have the flexibility to restrict when leave can be taken if there is a business need. This applies for both the furlough period and the recovery period." So i understand all prebooked holiday during this furlough period can go ahead, (topping up to full holiday pay) however i want to clarify that the Grant still applies? thankyou
Posted Wed, 22 Apr 2020 07:22:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello.

You can still claim the grant of 80% of the employees salary up to £2,500.

Thank You.
Posted Tue, 12 May 2020 10:59:14 GMT by EndeavorBS519
Hello we have an employee on furlough scheme and can offer him work for two weeks . Can we take him off furlough then put him back on furlough? Thanksf
Posted Tue, 12 May 2020 11:30:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello EndeavorBS519.

Any employees must be furloughed for a minimum period of three consecutive weeks.

When they return to work, they must be taken off furlough.

Employees can be furloughed multiple times, but for the minimum period each time.

Thank You.
Posted Tue, 12 May 2020 13:01:20 GMT by Afedinburgh
I joined a hospitality venue on the 27th of feb working 27/28/29th and then up until closure on the 22nd March. The employer could only pay 60% of our salaries withholding the remaining 40% for a month until their grant came through. They then paid furlough for April however I only received £45 compared to the £800 I eventually received for the shifts I worked in Feb/March. Communication is very poor with payroll and owner with him threatening to take anyone off furlough if they complain. Their reasoning for such low furlough was HMRCs payroll run was different. Surely my furlough should have been calculated pro rata from the beginning? Could they cheat the system and skim wages?
Posted Tue, 12 May 2020 13:30:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello.

You can find the information here:

Check if you can claim for your employees' wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme                                

Also, The calculator on gov.uk works out your claim. Calculator:                              

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme calculator

Thank You.
Posted Wed, 13 May 2020 08:27:03 GMT by happyhappy32
Hi I have a question... Last week my employer said I would be paid for 4weeks backpayment. I only received two weeks. He then said today I should receive the other two weeks and I have only received one week. Could there please be some clarification as to how the government is administering the payments to businesses, so that I know how much to expect.
Posted Mon, 18 May 2020 08:13:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello.

You can find the information here:

Check if you can claim for your employees' wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme                               

Also, The calculator on gov.uk works out your claim. Calculator:                              

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme calculator

Thank You.
Posted Sat, 30 May 2020 14:32:05 GMT by daisy Sh
Hello, I have joined the new job on 24 Feb 2020 , but didn't get paid on Feb. I got paid altogether only on 31 March 2020. However this job was ended on 1 April 2020 received my P45 . In this situation now I have left with no job and Income. Can my employer furlough me ? I was wondering as I received my pay only at the end of March though I joined the Company on 24 Feb , will I be eligible for being furloughed ? Please Help.
Posted Tue, 02 Jun 2020 10:30:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3

Hi daisy,
Thank you for your question.
Unfortunately, we cannot comment on individual claims as we do not have access to any tax records on the forum.
You should speak to the employer about this.

Posted Tue, 02 Jun 2020 12:15:31 GMT by DANIELA HAPAU
Hello, I am on furlough since 1 april, I received 2 weeks payment and payslips, on 12 may. On 19 may I received 4 payslips but no money in bank account. What Shall I do? I asked to my agency but they Said they did’nt receive money from guverment.
Posted Wed, 03 Jun 2020 07:57:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi Daniela,
Thank you for your question.
If the agency did not receive the furlough payment then you would need to speak to them and ask why, and also if they are expecting this payment in future. It is up the them to chase this up and unfortunately, we cannot comment on individual cases.
Posted Thu, 04 Jun 2020 18:54:25 GMT by SARAH69 Lloyd de lise
I have been waiting since april for my furlough pay to be paid to my boss or how can I find out if it has been paid to them.already
Posted Mon, 08 Jun 2020 08:38:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi Sarah,
HMRC cannot provide employees with details of claims employers make on their behalf.
Once HMRC have received the claim and if employers are eligible, HMRC will pay it via BACS payment to a UK bank account.
It will take around six working days for claims to be paid.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.