Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2019 00:00:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Can I find my PAYE Notice of Coding for 6th April 2018 - 5th April 2019 online?

You can view your tax code via your Personal Tax Account.

This can be accessed via Personal tax account
Posted Wed, 28 Oct 2020 09:53:38 GMT by puzzledcitizen
Please can you give more details on where to find a copy of my Notice of Coding - I believe these used to be available online but I can't find it on my Personal Tax Account. I'm trying to complete my Tax Return online and it is asking me to confirm information from my Notice of Coding which I don't have a copy of.
Posted Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:26:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

When on your Personal Tax Account (PTA) you can only see the most recent tax code.

If you require the code breakdown from an earlier year you would need to contact HMRC on 0300 200 3300 or webchat HMRC from the, Contact HMRC section on the Gov.UK page.


Posted Sat, 21 Nov 2020 01:28:13 GMT by markos30
I have the same problem. To fill "Underpaid tax included in PAYE coding (Page 1 of 2)" and "Underpaid tax included in PAYE coding (Page 2 of 2)" I need information from the Notice of Coding.
Posted Wed, 25 Nov 2020 14:08:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Unfortunately, we do not have access to your record via this platform.
If you contact one of our colleagues on 0300 200 3310 or by webchat at
Income Tax: general enquiries
they can assist with this.
Posted Fri, 18 Dec 2020 12:23:24 GMT by Tonebee
If you go to 'Account Home' of your Personal Tax Account, then under the 'Income' section, there is a 'Self Assessment' sub section. Click on 'View your payments' in this section. This will take you to a page listing your 'Payments/credits received', on this page, look down the list on the right hand side, towards the bottom is 'View PAYE coding notices'. I don't know why the link to these is not obvious from the homepage. And I don't know why the HMRC Admins in this thread couldn't give these directions. You can see all your codings from the last 3 tax years in the system.
Posted Tue, 29 Dec 2020 17:29:02 GMT by SelfAssessmentNewbie
Hi All, I followed Tonebee's useful direction, although it turns out I have no coding notices available to view. I gather from reading the accompanying text that this is likely because I am filling out my first tax return, and was not registered when the coding notices were issued. Should I just enter '0' to the 'underpaid tax in PAYE coding' questions on this basis? My concern is that I left the UK for Australia for 10 months from April 2019 to Feb 2020, and there may have been a change to my tax code as a result. I am unsure if this will actually be a factor, but given that the accompanying text talks about changes of circumstance, I don't want to omit anything that should be included. Any insight would be much appreciated. Many thanks,
Posted Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:55:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

Yes, that would be correct, due to your circumstances you would answer £0 to the question regarding underpaid income tax included in your code for 19/20.



You must be signed in to post in this forum.