Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 01 Apr 2020 09:49:57 GMT by Susan Graham
Due to the coronavirus shutdown and eligible for the Self Employed Grant if claiming contributory ESA or Universal Credit due to having to wait until June for monies - will the ESA or UC claim void an application for the self employed grant? Please advise...
Posted Sat, 04 Apr 2020 21:14:44 GMT by jackpot cafe
this should not make any difference to those claims, but you may have to pay it back when the grant comes through You are entitled to support wherever you can get it.
Posted Mon, 06 Apr 2020 06:59:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello Susan.

Claiming Universal Credit (UC) will not impact your eligibility for SEISS.

Information regarding the self-employment income support grant can be found on:

Claim a grant through the coronavirus (COVID-19) Self-employment Income Support Scheme

Thank You.
Posted Thu, 21 May 2020 10:35:20 GMT by Rofi
Hi i have question do you need to write in your universal credit that you recive self employed grant or they gona now automaticaly thank you
Posted Fri, 22 May 2020 08:40:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

When you receive the self-employed income support grant you will need to record your lump sum payment on your universal credit journal.  

This should be recorded as self-employment income on the date you receive the payment. 

I hope this helps.
Posted Tue, 04 Aug 2020 11:16:11 GMT by AndySam6
Hi When I receive my SEISS do I need to declare it as a lump sum when applying for UC or do I declare as 3 monthly payments ? eg if I received £7500 in May should I declare full amount as a lump sum in month received or £2500 May,June and July? Cheers AS6
Posted Tue, 04 Aug 2020 15:57:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 8

Hello,

The grant should be treated as income received on the day it’s paid for any Universal Credit claims or tax credit changes.

Regards,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.