Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 Mar 2020 08:23:00 GMT by Alan Roach
Hi my tax return has been payment pending for nearly five week what’s going on in
Posted Fri, 06 Mar 2020 14:08:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 4
Hi,

You can check the progress of your repayment by contacting our Self-Assessment department

Self Assessment: general enquiries
Posted Sat, 09 May 2020 00:12:12 GMT by Debbye Ryan
Hi my tax return has been payment pending for 6 weeks and they set me în 15 th May the aditional security îs finish.. What means that?
Posted Tue, 12 May 2020 08:02:05 GMT by Seb2730
Hi I have the same problem can you please let me know if you find out anything about. Regards
Posted Tue, 12 May 2020 08:47:04 GMT by Debbye Ryan
I Will let you know, but i wait maybe someone from HMRC answer!!
Posted Tue, 12 May 2020 08:51:07 GMT by Seb2730
Ok thanks!
Posted Tue, 12 May 2020 10:48:50 GMT by Warriorprincess81
Told today all payments undergoing extra checks and not to expect payment until June

[I have released this one!  Please see forum terms and conditions on spamming and appropriate language. Thanks - Admin]
Posted Wed, 13 May 2020 07:11:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi Debbye,
This means that your repayment is currently undergoing security checks which are set to be complete by 15th May. 
If you contact us after this date we may be able to advise you further about your repayment. 
Posted Wed, 13 May 2020 12:04:12 GMT by Chrissy2020
Hi I am waiting a payment pending and this morning it says I owe, I requested a payment and this says pending still while now I have a message saying I need to pay......will I get any of the money that I requested still
Posted Fri, 15 May 2020 19:21:30 GMT by Bianca123
Hello, did you get the payments? I am in same situation
Posted Sun, 17 May 2020 15:11:33 GMT by MACCA2503
I have filed my return on the 20th of April but I have payment pending as well but no date and I was told that I would get a response from hmrc by the 5th of May but no response from anyone and when I go in contact with them I was informed that they were carrying out further security checks and they could take up to the 25th of June for some reason I have no idea why it is taking so long to complete as I am sole trader and the return for the year isn't that complicated for having to wait until then so I don't understand why it is taking so long to complete the checks. Can anyone explain why it is taking this time but it seems silly for the time scale to be honest with hmrc
Posted Mon, 18 May 2020 10:08:23 GMT by Patchey
Same issue, filed my tax return on the 15th of April and still yet to receive it What is going on!!! Everytime I try contacting them the phone gets put down
Posted Mon, 18 May 2020 13:35:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi Chrissy,
If you have a Self-Assessment repayment due with an outstanding balance on your account, by default your repayment will go against this outstanding amount.
Posted Tue, 19 May 2020 07:16:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi MACCA2503, 
If you have been advised of a timescale for security checks then, we recommend that you allow that time frame and suggest you do not contact us regarding your repayment until it has passed, as we cannot update you further. 
There is no set time frame for security checks as they are done on a case by case basis and please be aware that when we advise a timescale we must give the latest possible date. 
I advise that you wait until 25th June and if you have not heard anything regarding your repayment after that date contact our Self-Assessment department.
Posted Tue, 19 May 2020 07:40:13 GMT by Bianca123
One month ago they gave me the 19th as latest date possible and today I was told that I have to wait until the team is looking into my repayments to see what is happening. How long it will take from now? I am waiting for more then 8 weeks already
Posted Tue, 19 May 2020 11:28:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi Bianca123,  
I cannot advise your more regarding your repayment as we do not have access to customer records through this forum. 
If you contact us to chase up your repayment and it is undergoing security checks you should be given a timescale for these to be completed within. 
Posted Wed, 27 May 2020 15:01:10 GMT by W1lson86
Good afternoon I submitted a self assessment for 18/19 tax year and 19/20. I was unwell last year and was unaware it hadn't been filed correctly. My account has been showing as payment pending since the first week of March! I was given a date over the phone of when this matter would be addressed by which was 14/05/20. I awaited patiently. I have since phoned on the 16/05/20 too then be told to wait and not make further contact via the phone until the 14/07/20. Can somebody please offer an explanation as to why this process would be significantly longer than usual, even in light of current events. Thank you
Posted Fri, 29 May 2020 08:21:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 4
Hi,

The most likely reason for this would be that your repayment is undergoing security checks.

Unfortunately, I cannot advise further than this as we do not have access to personal records on this forum.

If you have been advised to allow until 14th of July before chasing your repayment then - whilst I can appreciate your frustration -

I recommend you do this. 
Posted Fri, 12 Jun 2020 16:38:30 GMT by luke melton
I submitted my return nearly 3 month ago, first time I rang up I was given a date. That date came and no refund, then given another date. How is allowed to be giving people a date and then extending the time frame, how can we talk to the department that is actually dealing with these checks, as I doubt there is any availability for us to charge you for late repaymentsto us????
Posted Tue, 16 Jun 2020 05:26:29 GMT by 1982ricky1 Moore
Luke mines exactly the same been told 6 different dates that it would be sorted by at the latest now to be told again last week it will now be the 21st of July another 6 weeks from last date. A date should be a date on when it should be sorted what next August they are taking the mick now i think. My mate put his return in 2 weeks ago and he has got that already I put mine in nearly 10 weeks ago, but like you say they quick to charge us if late payment but not the other way round.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.