Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:10:48 GMT by FFL2REG
Good to see waiting 9days for a response from HMRC ADMIN and they just completely ignore the question. I have not been told anything about security checks, the payment has changed from payment pending to bank repayment pending, HMRC ADMIN you tell people once this happens then it’s passed security checks, and on the other breath you say it has not passed. You don’t even make sense, just tell people the truth. What is the meaning off bank repayment pending? Is it just the same as repayment pending ? As nothing happens on either for months, basically no point in even changing it. Crazy.
Posted Sun, 09 Aug 2020 08:43:53 GMT by bunshine Davis
My husband put in for refund 22/5/20 and every time he contacts gets told 4 weeks. 3 referrals 3 manager callbacks 3 complaints raised and still nothing. We chat just says another 4 weeks so that’s useless. A call advises raise a referral again useless manager callbacks sympathise then nothing again useless. 3 complaints with no contact apart from auto generated email to say they will contact. Now in august and nothing. Next step MP we are thinking
Posted Sun, 09 Aug 2020 20:11:25 GMT by Dan-Ovidiu Deac
Hi Admin , I've submitted my tax return on 30 May, twice i was on the web chat with your colleagues since then , I was told to wait 4th August, on the 6 I have used the web chat again and been told a new date 13th September, ok I said , I just checked my account and to find out my repayment is now half of what it was before speaking with your colleague on the 6th August, I mean it 2999.00 and now is 1414.00 and of course with the repayment pending , I was told not to contact hmrc till 13th September, I really don't understand what is happening and I'm in shock as this repayment is very important to me , could you please advise me ? Thank you
Posted Mon, 10 Aug 2020 07:54:48 GMT by Kiren Hussain
Hey good morning I requested my repayment about 13/14 working days ago and I got told I will receive my within 10 working days which was on the 8th still ain’t got notting and hmrc ain’t also updating me what can I do
Posted Wed, 12 Aug 2020 07:11:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Kiren. 

You would need to contact the relevant department of HMRC to get an update on your repayment. 

Assuming you are referring to a Self-Assessment repayment, then Self-Assessment can be contacted here - 

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thanks
Posted Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:00:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello Dan. 

We are unable to access customer records on this forum and so I cannot give you an update as to the status of your repayment. 

You would need to contact Self-Assessment to do that. 

If you have been advised not to do so until 13th September, then your repayment is probably undergoing security checks and I would recommend you wait until then as we will likely be unable to give you a further update until this time. 

As for why your repayment amount is lower, it is hard to say without being able to access your record, but the most likely reason is that some of it may have been offset against any outstanding liabilites on your record. 

Thank you.  
Posted Fri, 14 Aug 2020 11:10:03 GMT by Seb2730
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Fri, 14 Aug 2020 11:14:26 GMT by Seb2730
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Wed, 02 Sep 2020 07:29:48 GMT by Robert Quirk
Hello, I'm just wondering what is happening with my self assessment refund... It has been on repayment pending for just over 11 weeks now and I can never get through to hmrc when I try to call. Can anybody please give me an understanding on why it's taking so long as I am relying on this money now due yo unforeseen circumstances. Thanks
Posted Tue, 08 Sep 2020 06:30:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi Robert,

Sorry, we cannot access customer records through this forum.

It is likely that your repayment is undergoing security checks but in order to find out, you will need to contact our Self Assessment team:

You may find it easier to contact us via webchat, or by calling between 8am and 9am if contacting us by telephone.  

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 08 Sep 2020 06:51:33 GMT by Iamsoconfused
Hi HMRC I know you can’t go into detail with my account so no need to copy and paste the usual reply. but.... I had a payment pending since July 10th, this morning without any email or notice I have logged in and the payment has been removed and my account is back in credit. Why would this be?
Posted Thu, 10 Sep 2020 09:18:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 11
Hi,

Whilst I cannot give a definitive answer, if the repayment is no longer showing as pending and your account is once again in credit by the same value, I suspect that the pending repayment may have been cancelled.  

Thank you.  
Posted Sat, 12 Sep 2020 07:56:29 GMT by Chris Everest
Hello, I submitted my tax return slightly late but not to late to be fined. I had a £3000 rebate, I thought it was pretty low as my business done pretty well over the last year and so I hired a new accountant who found I had an extra £10’000 rebate so the accountant amended my return to withdraw my £10’000 from the gateway account. It’s now been pending for 3weeks where as the first payment paid out in just over a week ? Does this mean it’s being security checked if so how long will it take for security to finish there checks and pay the money I’m owed
Posted Wed, 16 Sep 2020 08:31:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 4
Hi  Chris,

Given what you have said, I would very much expect that your repayment is indeed undergoing security checks.  Unfortunately, we are unable to access customer records

through this forum and so to check the status of your repayment, along with the timescale for any security checks, you will need to contact Self-Assessment -

You must be signed in to post in this forum.