Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 13 Jul 2020 11:47:58 GMT by Lwww96
My self assessment has been repayment pending since 18th of April 3 weeks ago it’s then changed to bank repayment pending but still nothing every time I ring the date just gets pushed back and back just wondering if anyone has actually got the money or is everyone still waiting
Posted Thu, 16 Jul 2020 11:33:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 4
Hi,

HMRC is currently experiencing a delay in repayments being processed.  Security checks are a common practice for HMRC with

self-assessment repayments. From the description given it sounds like your repayment has been selected for extra checks. 

We must wait until these checks are completed fully before the repayment in question can be released. 
Posted Wed, 05 Aug 2020 11:01:04 GMT by W1lson86
I have made several posts over the past three months. I returned my self assessment in February! I was told in March to wait until the 14/05/20 I was then told too wait until the 14/07/20. I have spoken to an agent in three occasions too be told to continue waiting. On my third phone call I was advised too wait until 14/09/20. I can't honestly believe that anyone else has waited this long. I can see from the forum that others are frustrated but they filed their returns 6-8 weeks a go and have been pending since then. I am currently over 5 months. Rather than the normal response of its another department. Could somebody please ask what the delay is with mine? Surely after 5 months you can ask the question. Extremely unfair and very frustrating!
Posted Fri, 07 Aug 2020 15:33:24 GMT by W1lson86
Still no response! It really is the most frustrating and unnecessary process I've been through. I can appreciate it is a very busy and demanding time and I can respect their isn't much handlers of this forum can do. But to have to wait nearly 6 months and to now not have a response on heaar is shocking. It really is a shocking service this year.
Posted Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:34:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
 Hi there.

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I can appreciate your frustration but unfortunately we are unable to access personal records through this forum and as such we cannot provide an update as to the status of your repayment/why checks are taking so long.

You will need to contact Self-Assessment to query this with them :

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.