Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 17 Dec 2020 16:43:56 GMT by jb72
In the past I added my bank details should I have overpaid in the FY. That overpayment was then paid into my account. This year I wasn’t asked for these details & it just talked about overpayments going into my HMRC Account. Will HMRC inform me when overpayment put into HMRC account & will I then be able to transfer said monies out? Very little detail on this.
Posted Wed, 13 Jan 2021 17:56:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

It depends what kind of overpayment.

If it is a Self Assessment repayment you can claim the refund online once you have submitted your return.

If it's a PAYE refund then we will write out to you after the tax year has finished with information on how you claim the refund.



You must be signed in to post in this forum.