Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 10 Jan 2021 08:58:01 GMT by Michal
I am a full-time employee and last year I started trading on FOREX, I did not have any income from it, but I had a loss and would like to report it for a tax deduction. Should I register as a sole trader and do a Self Assessment?
Posted Thu, 14 Jan 2021 12:27:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can find guidance regarding trading in cryptoassets and tax treatment here:

Cryptoassets: tax for individuals

If you have further questions, please contact us to speak to an adviser:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.