Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 Apr 2020 23:22:46 GMT by Connor Rodgerson
Hi I recently sent off my self assesment online 7 days ago and it still says bank repayment pending. I viewed the credits received and the due date is 31 jan 2021 is that the day I will recieve my repayment?
Posted Wed, 15 Apr 2020 10:23:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3

Hi Connor,
"Credits received" should refer to any payment you have made to us, and this would align with the date of 31/01/2021 which would be when any liability for tax year 2019/2020 is due.
Regarding any refund you are due, you should be able to see any credit on your account shown on the "Current Position" section of the account.
There should then be an option there to claim this back, as well as another section of the account titled "Request a Repayment".
Both of these will give you the option to request a repayment via BACS transfer.
If you have further questions/wish to check the status or timescale for any repayment, then you can contact our Self-Assessment department:
Self Assessment: general enquiries

Posted Fri, 17 Apr 2020 06:12:46 GMT by D4nny1982
Hi is it taking longer to process the repayment this year as my account has showed payment pending since last Wednesday?
Posted Fri, 17 Apr 2020 12:44:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 4
Hi,

There is no specific issue regarding Self-Assessment repayments. If you have requested this as a BACS transfer the standard timescale is 10 working days.
If you left account details on the return for your repayment this is normally repaid within 3 weeks of your return being processed. If you wish to check the status of your repayment/receive a timescale for when you will receive it then please contact Self-Assessment 

Posted Fri, 17 Apr 2020 14:25:27 GMT by Connor Rodgerson
Couldn't get through to hmrc today, if my bank repayment is pending does that mean it has passed security checks and been accepted
Posted Mon, 20 Apr 2020 09:12:51 GMT by Connor Rodgerson
Hi it now says the payment has been issued on 20/04/20 will it take 3-5 working days from that date?
Posted Mon, 20 Apr 2020 12:01:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi Connor, 
Once your repayment is set to be sent out to you, it should then show as "issued". 
If this repayment is being sent via BACS transfer, you should receive it within 10 days of it being issued.
Posted Wed, 22 Apr 2020 17:01:56 GMT by Runflat88
Can anyone help with why my account says payment issued on 9th March but still hasn’t landed in my bank account. I’ve even received a letter saying that payment has been processed with the correct bank details on it. I have rang the bank and still nothing in my account.
Posted Thu, 23 Apr 2020 13:32:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello Runflat88  

You can contact our Self-Assessment department to check the status of your repayment/advise us it has not been received -

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 25 Apr 2020 08:05:49 GMT by Robbiewest94
Sorry to interrupt thread but I’m in the same boat. Filed self assessment tax return 15th April, still in the 10 w.d time scale, I’m just wondering if I had to fill in a request for repayment form. I put bank details on the online self assessment form, still says payment pending on my account what shall I do? Thank you
Posted Sun, 26 Apr 2020 17:13:09 GMT by mikulas12
Hi. My repayment is showing as issued (5 days ago) but I still have not received it. It does land in my account every year the next working day. Having spoken to my bank, they have stated that BACS payments no longer take 3 working days as they used to but pretty much work the same way as FPS (Faster Payment System) and are processed within 24 hours. Does HMRC actually issue repayments on particular days of the week? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 26 Apr 2020 17:48:46 GMT by maneaflo
hi can anyone help with why my account says payment issued on 22 April but still hasn’t landed in my bank account I have no pending on my bank account its that ok or i have to contact HMRC thank you
Posted Mon, 27 Apr 2020 00:32:42 GMT by Andrea Moore
Filed my sa302 on the 14th it's due date was the 13th of April when will I receive my payment
Posted Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:54:16 GMT by Lee Fuggle
Hi I filed my return on 6th April still on the 27th April I’m seeing repayment pending what’s the delay
Posted Tue, 28 Apr 2020 07:22:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi Andrea, 
If you have requested repayment on your return, then we normally advise that you will receive this within 3 weeks of your return being processed. 
If you have requested a BACS repayment, the standard timescale for this is 10 working days.
Posted Tue, 28 Apr 2020 07:25:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi maneaflo,
If you have requested a repayment as a BACS transfer this can take up to 10 working days for you to receive it.
Posted Tue, 28 Apr 2020 07:32:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi Robbiewest94, 
Repayments made from the instructions on your return are nromally dealt with within 3 weeks of rhe return being processed. 
You are correct that the timescale for BACS repayments is within 10 working days. 
I would suggest you allow that timescale to pass and if still not received you may then wish to manually request one from your online account or contact our Self-Assessment department.
Posted Tue, 28 Apr 2020 07:35:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 3
Hi Mikulas12,
To my knowldege there are no specific days for repayments to be issued. 
HMRC advise a timescale of 10 working days for Self-Assessment BACS repayments.
Posted Tue, 28 Apr 2020 10:05:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi Lee, 

You will need to contact our Self Assessment team to check the progress of your repayment:

Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 28 Apr 2020 14:04:01 GMT by Jdsmith1993
My self assessment tax return got issued on the 20th of April this month (released) and it still isn't in my bank yet. Never has taken this long before. Cant understand why it could possibly take 10 days as bacs payments take 3-5 days to clear?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.