Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 04 Aug 2020 08:29:12 GMT by blainerory90
I have completed a self assesment and found out today that i owe money from 2011/2014 , my rebate is around £1900 and i owe £1600 which is currently under dispute. my question is if it falls through will they taker £1600 in one payment or will there be a repayment option. the last person i spoke to said that these had been written off but now my accounts in credit it has been delayed
Posted Wed, 12 Aug 2020 06:38:10 GMT by Mark Cowles
Has anyone that has posted on here received their repayment yet, I have not got mine
Posted Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:35:18 GMT by Deimis
Nope, actually after 6 or 7 calls every week, waiting for 12 weeks now and still nothing... just cant be asked anymore to listen to the same over and over again without any actual solution
Posted Wed, 12 Aug 2020 12:13:37 GMT by Kenny99
Hi Mark Cowles Im still waiting after 3 months, afraid to call HMRC now as they just keep adding weeks onto my supposed date I should receive my payment. Seems the admin now just ignore or dont approve my posts on here.
Posted Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:41:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi blainerory90

Apologies for the delay in replying.

If the outstanding amount still stands, then by default your repayment will be used to cover this amount (ie £1600 of your £1900 repayment will be offset against the debt on your record).

Thank you.

Regards.
Posted Tue, 18 Aug 2020 13:41:16 GMT by Deimis
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Wed, 19 Aug 2020 00:36:00 GMT by Nikniksing Singleton
In exactly the same situation, following an early May-submitted return. In all fairness however, the Self-assessment Team are able-(As I understand the situation, following my last telephone conversation with them Monday 17/8 in the hope there would be an update) to 'add a note' ie. as in my case, I am a 'vulnerable adult' which HMRC have been made aware of during every one of my at least 10 in number telephone calls to them. There is a massive % of submitted returns awaiting security checks / clearance, and I do believe that it is simply just a continued 'waiting game' - (My 'repayment date' has also been moved forward after every telephone call) I asked HMRC if-(Being totally 'desperate' now for this validated, by them 'rebate') I asked if I could supply bank statements showing Company income & expenditure, anything basically to receive what is 'rightfully mine'. There is nothing we can all do but wait i'm afraid, albeit upsetting and frustrating-it is not the fault of the Self-assessment Team nor Admin Team.
Posted Wed, 19 Aug 2020 21:14:02 GMT by Robbo1422 Robson
After 14 weeks I received a letter from HMRC today asking for me to send work job address for the full year and all fuel receipts all invoices , bank statements driving licence id passport Id , all mileage routes to jobs worked , materials invoices proof of courses I’ve paid to go on such as gas safe, all tools receipts and dates , and a questionnaire to complete , before my repayment can be issued. Never before has this been so much of a issue every year never a problem. I’m owed £4600 overpayments disgraceful communication
Posted Thu, 20 Aug 2020 02:11:32 GMT by jmcateer
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Tue, 01 Sep 2020 11:14:09 GMT by Craig Wykes
I’m still waiting for mine from July 2019!! It’s been over 12 months, I cannot tell you how many phone calls and how much time I’ve wasted. My accountant and I have had absolutely no information from HMRC. It still says pending, I received a letter in June of this year saying I would have a cheque by post in 7 days. Still nothing no one has called me back after they said they would. My van has now currently broken down, I won’t be able to work when we’re allowed back after COVID as I have no transport. I honestly feel like just giving up and quitting, how on earth can we get the economy up and running when we are having are money withheld when we desperately need it! Absolutely shocking, I haven’t even submitted the 19/20 return yet what’s the point to go through all this again, it’s a complete shambles.
Posted Tue, 01 Sep 2020 14:43:01 GMT by Deimis
Im still waiting since 22nd of April and money is not in yet... its 19 weeks so far. I wonder how much longer it will take...
Posted Thu, 03 Sep 2020 10:13:58 GMT by Geoff Bunting
Hi, My self assessment calculation shows I have a repayment due of over £800 I have tried to claim this back a number of times, but each time somehow the repayment is still showing as owing to me - even though I've asked for it to be repaid into my bank account. Why would this happen? One of the repayments is showing as owing from last tax year and then the other amount from this tax year.
Posted Tue, 08 Sep 2020 13:06:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hello Geoff,

Until your request for repayment has successfully gone through (ie the repayment is pending) then your account will likely still show the credit balance.

As for why your requests have so far not been actioned, I am unable to say without having access to your records.

You may wish to contact our Self-Assessment department who can look into this: Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thanks.
Posted Thu, 17 Sep 2020 20:54:39 GMT by Adrian Mihai
Hi, I've made my tax return in May this year and I'm still in pending, when I've tried to contact hmrc they told me that the payments are delayed and I m still need to wait, and they can't give me exact date, I've been in security checks till 25 August but since then I still haven't received an exact answer from hmrc about my refund, regards
Posted Thu, 17 Sep 2020 20:56:08 GMT by Adrian Mihai
Hi, I've made my tax return in May this year and I'm still in pending, when I've tried to contact hmrc they told me that the payments are delayed and I m still need to wait, and they can't give me exact date, I've been in security checks till 25 August but since then I still haven't received an exact answer from hmrc about my refund, regards
Posted Fri, 18 Sep 2020 13:30:58 GMT by Paul Howard
17th July . I was told security checks would be cleared by 30th August. Now HMRC are telling me 8th October. Absolute joke . Self employed people need the repayments ASAP after this lockdown . HMRC are quick off the mark to collect peyments . I wonder if I can issue HMRC a £100 late payment ?
Posted Mon, 21 Sep 2020 09:07:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hello.

The only way you will be able to chase up the progress of your repayment/the security checks is by contacting our Self-Assessment department -

Self Assessment: general enquiries 

You will normally be given a timescale for any security checks to be dealt with. 

If you have asked for this and been advised that there is no set timeframe, then that will be the case. 

Our timescales can vary dependent on factors such as staffing and workload.

In certain cirumstances if we cannot provide an accurate timeframe, we will advise that one cannot be given to prevent you being given an incorrect date for the matter to be dealt by. 

Thank you.  
Posted Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:54:00 GMT by Nathan Gordon
I submitted my self assessment return on the 24th of August and it’s been over a month. I have received anything yet even tho it had to take 10 working days do you know the reason why

You must be signed in to post in this forum.