Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 10 Jan 2021 14:05:59 GMT by D P
Hello, I understand that both income tax and capital gains tax are not payable following selling of shares in an employee share scheme following redundancy. However, do I still need to declare the income from these sold shares in my Self Assessment return? And if so, where in the form is this reported?
Posted Thu, 14 Jan 2021 15:15:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

If the payments are not subject to tax or capital gains due to the type of scheme, then no, you do not need to enter these anywhere on your return. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.