Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Aug 2020 17:15:39 GMT by Peter Stroucken
My wife and I operate as a partnership selling and fitting blinds for Hillarys. Last April, 2019, we started a small in home dog boarding service to supplement our income. Do we have to register this as a separate partnership and acquire a separate partnership UTR number? Or do we remain as a single partnership with 1 UTR number? And if it needs to be a separate partnership, would the partnership name be the same for both, or would the new partnership name be the name of the dog boarding business?
Posted Fri, 21 Aug 2020 12:02:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
As these are 2 different trades they will need to be 2 separate partnerships.

You will need to register for an additional partnership UTR and register you both as partners under that.

You will then complete 2 separate partnership sections within your own individual returns.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.