Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 18 Jan 2021 17:55:46 GMT by Daniel Lister
Hi, I am a full time UK resident and currently employed full time. I have been offered a subcontractor contract from a Danish company which will be invoiced and paid monthly. I would not be on the Danish company's payroll. I would not pay tax at source. The Danish company do not have any business running through a UK Limited company, albeit they do have one registered. My working practices would involve things like a line manager and I would have some benefits like holiday, sick pay and travel expenses. My question relates to how would I stand with UK Tax and Employment Laws. Would I be classed as Self Employed and file Self Assessment as a Sole Trader or would I have to use PAYE through a Limited Company whether it be mine or theirs? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 27 Jan 2021 13:42:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

We cannot answer question on employment law on this forum.  

As a UK resident you will report this employment or self-employment income on your Self Assessent tax return, you can check your status below:

Employment status

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.