Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

You can make adjustments to your current VAT account to correct errors on past VAT returns if they’re:
  • below the reporting threshold
  • not deliberate
  • for an accounting period that ended less than 4 years ago

For further information on this, follow the link below to view our online guidance.

VAT corrections

Any errors that don’t meet the above criteria must be reported to HMRC, you can find further guidance on this here .